Late Night Korean Run

deangold

Sorry I missed this.

Not to rub it in, but you missed an outstanding feast. Dean will know the play-by-play, but this was one of the freshest and most flavorful Korean meals in recent memory.

And I behaved myself with the Dong Dong Ju, so my memory is still intact. :rolleyes:

Not to rub it in, but you missed an outstanding feast. Dean will know the play-by-play, but this was one of the freshest and most flavorful Korean meals in recent memory.

And I behaved myself with the Dong Dong Ju, so my memory is still intact. :rolleyes:

Would love to hear more about the feas! Am trying to learn more about Korean food. And KMango or Dean, can you elaborate on the Dong Dong Ju? I'm teaching a young Korean grad student and he said he's not familiar with it. Maybe he knows it by another name b/c he's definitely into alcohol. Thanks.

Its rice left to ferment till it stops fizzing, basically. It is good stuff and when one person does not consume the entire jug of it served it is far less damaging to one's memory & mental health.

Thanks for enlightening me, Dean. I'll try to explain it to the Korean guy. He was VERY curious about what the brain cell killing substance was...:rolleyes:

If I recall correctly: the ssambop with pork belly was superb: several side dishes with a huge bowl of veggies and greens, several dipping sauces. We did not do it justice. The Fried Mandoo were great but took up room that could ahve gone tot he ssam platter. The stew with what looked like Vienna sausage or Oscar Mayer little hot dogs but tasted better either from being so or from soaking in the kim chee spiked broth & meatballs and ramen was incredibly good. I ahve had this twice in a row and probably would order it again next time. There was a strong flavored fish grilled that I really liked that I believe was a part of the sambop. Don't remember anything else so if I missed something I will blame the DDJ. Their soups and stews are really great, their bossam the best I have had in the Annandale environs (MD as well) and the ssambop a huge hit, THis place is really great if you don't do the AYCE BBQ. The pork belly was great but we also ahd so much to add to it to flavor it. With just lettuce it would ahve just been good belly and the belly is the only BBQ of their's that I really like.