Ten Worst Dining Trends (Chicago Tribune)

KMango

From the article:

1. Deconstruction

(Tribune photo by Chris Walker) Said Joyce Goldstein, a San Francisco-based chef, cookbook author and restaurant consultant: "I do not want a poached egg on top of carbonara sauce and the pasta on the side. I don't want the ingredients laid out before me anymore. I want a chef to show me how it is brought together. Cooking has become an intellectual thing, but it's not a sensual thing. We have all gotten so smart about food, we are losing touch with sex appeal. Everything else is getting so exhausting -- a lot of chefs saying, 'Look at me,' and 'Look at this technique,' and, next decade, I would prefer not to look at them for a while."

tiny little tastings of de-constructed dishes - sweet or savory - have gotten trite. That sort of thing was innovative maybe, oh, six years ago? In another few years it'll join squiggles-of-raspberry-coulis-with-a-knife-drawn-through-it-presentations in the hall of culinary shame.

Ha.

From the article:

1. Deconstruction

(Tribune photo by Chris Walker) Said Joyce Goldstein, a San Francisco-based chef, cookbook author and restaurant consultant: "I do not want a poached egg on top of carbonara sauce and the pasta on the side. I don't want the ingredients laid out before me anymore. I want a chef to show me how it is brought together. Cooking has become an intellectual thing, but it's not a sensual thing. We have all gotten so smart about food, we are losing touch with sex appeal. Everything else is getting so exhausting -- a lot of chefs saying, 'Look at me,' and 'Look at this technique,' and, next decade, I would prefer not to look at them for a while."

Ha.

don't forget the Spider web drawn for desserts with puree's and vanilla custard...