Arrowine's Annual Port and Stilton Tasting

milkmaid

Hey there! I am a cheesemonger at Arrowine. I just wanted to let everyone know about Arrowine's Annual Port and Stilton Tasting. This tasting is this Saturday, December 4, from 1-4. Sample over a dozen Ports, including Vintage, Ruby, Tawny, and Colheita. Also, Arrowine opens an entire wheel of Stilton (made by Colston Bassett) for the event, paired with walnuts and pears. Plus, all Port sampled is discounted! This is a really fun event, so bring your friends or out-of-town guests. Arrowine is located at 4508 Lee Highway in Arlington. Cheers!

Hey there! I am a cheesemonger at Arrowine. I just wanted to let everyone know about Arrowine's Annual Port and Stilton Tasting. This tasting is this Saturday, December 4, from 1-4. Sample over a dozen Ports, including Vintage, Ruby, Tawny, and Colheita. Also, Arrowine opens an entire wheel of Stilton (made by Colston Bassett) for the event, paired with walnuts and pears. Plus, all Port sampled is discounted! This is a really fun event, so bring your friends or out-of-town guests. Arrowine is located at 4508 Lee Highway in Arlington. Cheers!

Is there a charge for this?

Just a quick thank you for posting about the event here (and hosting), it was a nice event. I am pretty sure I've had most of the ports we tasted, but being able to taste them in close succession this way helped me solidify my tastes. I'm clearly a Taylor-Fladgate girl over a Graham's and for the price difference, I can happily drink the 20 year tawny over the 30. :)

Just a quick thank you for posting about the event here (and hosting), it was a nice event. I am pretty sure I've had most of the ports we tasted, but being able to taste them in close succession this way helped me solidify my tastes. I'm clearly a Taylor-Fladgate girl over a Graham's and for the price difference, I can happily drink the 20 year tawny over the 30. :)

Thanks ChoirGirl21! We are glad you had a fun and educational experience! We have wine tastings every weekend (Friday evenings and Saturday afternoons), so we hope to see you again soon!