The General Store

I was flipping through the Gazette yesterday and came across this headline "The General Store closes its doors" http://www.gazette.net/stories/03302011/takonew213740_32539.php

Regardless of what some people think of Clark, I myself have no opinion, it is a real shame that she was forced to close down. The article, I felt, made the landlord look like a real prick, he probably is. So, I'd like to wish Gillian Clark and Robin Smith good luck in their next venture.

On second thought, I would probably have paid money to see the argument.

But the landlord had agreed to a weekly payment plan, he turns around and sues them when collections came a call'n for back taxes. Its for lack of a better term, indian giving

Only one side says that there was such an agreement, and no terms were discussed, so we are not sure what really transpired. If the landlord could not make payments for taxes or debt service because the tenants were not living up to the terms of the lease he has every right to take them to court. There really is not enough information in the article to determine if one party acted in good faith, bad faith, or a mixture of the two.

Only one side says that there was such an agreement, and no terms were discussed, so we are not sure what really transpired. If the landlord could not make payments for taxes or debt service because the tenants were not living up to the terms of the lease he has every right to take them to court. There really is not enough information in the article to determine if one party acted in good faith, bad faith, or a mixture of the two.

I stand corrected. I'm just used to slimy landlords, mine isn't, but I think most are.

I guess I can relate to the landlord a bit, I know when one of my distributors doesn't pay me right away, and the brewing industry is notorious for this apparently, it sets me back quite a lot. I'll shut up now. :)

It was funny that the Gazette referred to the General Store as the General Store Post Office Tavern, I thought that's what pissed Clark off in the beginning when the Post called it G SPOT. To me it was always the G SPOT, never ate there. I was in there perhaps once, and that was to drop off beer samples, I never heard back from them.

So I revise my original post, its a shame a restaurant has to close, and leave it at that. :)

On second thought, I would probably have paid money to see the argument.

But the landlord had agreed to a weekly payment plan, he turns around and sues them when collections came a call'n for back taxes. Its for lack of a better term, indian giving

The article states that the landlord was owed $160,125.64 and the court found in favour of the landlord on that account.

I have no idea what weekly rent on that property is...but wouldn't you think that with $160K of back rent owed, they were more than just a few weeks late? Doesn't sound like "indian giving" to me. Sounds more like cash flow management.

The article states that the landlord was owed $160,125.64 and the court found in favour of the landlord on that account.

I have no idea what weekly rent on that property is...but wouldn't you think that with $160K of back rent owed, they were more than just a few weeks late? Doesn't sound like "indian giving" to me. Sounds more like cash flow management.

I am aware of my earlier statement. I don't know why I was leaning towards Clark. Ah well, I had a few beers when I wrote that.

Deffinately a cash flow issue.