Whole Fish Preparation

Jane

Any tips for grilling a whole fish (maybe red snapper)? I read that lemon slices and thyme on the inside are good, anything else? I'm planning on buying the fish right before I cook it, I'm assuming that's okay and I don't need to season it in advance, correct? Also, on a scale of 0 to 10, how hot should the grill be? Thanks! --grill newbie

Any tips for grilling a whole fish (maybe red snapper)? I read that lemon slices and thyme on the inside are good, anything else? I'm planning on buying the fish right before I cook it, I'm assuming that's okay and I don't need to season it in advance, correct? Also, on a scale of 0 to 10, how hot should the grill be? Thanks! --grill newbie

Think about stuffing with fennel too!

I'd heat the grill medium if you can. It really depends on your grill, My grill 10 is about 1000 degrees. Salt and pepper are mandatory and if you want to make your experience foolproof use a soaked cedar planl.