Corner Creek Bourbon

I was at a bachelor party this past weekend and the theme was bring your own meat and Bourbon. It was fun in both respects, but in hindsight the 2.08 pound bone-in ribeye that Whole foods sold me was a bit much (though the best steak I've had in recent memory). The Bourbon aspect was the most interesting part of the evening. I brought Jefferson Reserve and everyone else brought an equally obscure and expensive Bourbon. We drank them straight and compared. The unanimous winner was Corner Creek, which nobody had ever heard of, and one of us picked randomly ([presumably because they put it in a Chardonnay bottle). Anybody had it?

I was at a bachelor party this past weekend and the theme was bring your own meat and Bourbon. It was fun in both respects, but in hindsight the 2.08 pound bone-in ribeye that Whole foods sold me was a bit much (though the best steak I've had in recent memory). The Bourbon aspect was the most interesting part of the evening. I brought Jefferson Reserve and everyone else brought an equally obscure and expensive Bourbon. We drank them straight and compared. The unanimous winner was Corner Creek, which nobody had ever heard of, and one of us picked randomly ([presumably because they put it in a Chardonnay bottle). Anybody had it?

We used to carry it at Ace (it's still available to us). It is made by KBD (Kentucky Bourbon Distillers), the same folks who make Willett, Johnnie Drum, Pure Kentucky, Kentucky X.O., Old Bardstown, Rowan's Creek, Noah's Mill, and many other labels for other people, such as Black Maple Hill. Corner Creek is one of those labels owned by someone else and contracted through KBD.