Daily Discounts

DonRocks

Can folks PM me with lists of significant daily discounts, particularly on the drinks end, so we can put them on our calendar? This information can be a big help to everyone - I, myself, almost went to Bayou Cafe tonight for 50% off bottles of wine. There are numerous restaurants around town doing big, deep, heavy discounts on certain days and at certain times, and both restaurant and customer alike can profit from us placing them on our calendar.

Can folks PM me with lists of significant daily discounts, particularly on the drinks end, so we can put them on our calendar? This information can be a big help to everyone - I, myself, almost went to Bayou Cafe tonight for 50% off bottles of wine. There are numerous restaurants around town doing big, deep, heavy discounts on certain days and at certain times, and both restaurant and customer alike can profit from us placing them on our calendar.

Thanks to a tip from Jackie, I just added Masa 14 to our Daily Discount list - they have 50% off all bottles of wine on Monday nights.

Restaurateurs: If you aren't contacting us to get on our calendar, you're losing money. Over the coming weeks and months, Masa 14 will sell hundreds of additional bottles of wine because people saw their special here on donrockwell.com.

Make sure to send me a message and let me know about your discounts! It's free advertising for you, AND it benefits our members. Win-win.

Since I posted this thread this morning, 180 people have read it. In time, that will turn into thousands. Do not underestimate the reach of this website, and ask your chefs, managers, and bartenders: are you participating on donrockwell.com to advertise our specials and employee requirements? If not, then why don't you sign up and do it? It's free, it takes two minutes, and it's going to make our restaurant more profitable and keep our employees working during slow times.

That's what a lot of people don't realize - publicizing your discount offered during slow periods, even though it might not be a lot of profit for the restaurant, KEEPS YOUR EMPLOYEES WORKING AND MAKING MONEY.

---

ETA - while I was writing this post, I heard from Argia's. They have half-price wines every Monday, and free corkage every Tuesday (normally $20). The manager took two minutes out of his day to write me (donrockwell-at-dcdining-dot-com) and now he's going to reap the benefits because I'm putting them on our Daily Discounts calendar right now. Good for him, I say.

Argia's. Half-price wines every Monday night.

The Daily Discounts feature on the calendar is working well, and I'm going to figure out a way to include food specials also (it's much more complicated to include food specials since every restaurant has their own unique variants (as opposed to "50% off bottles of wine," for example, you might have "half-price burgers at the bar every Tuesday from 5-6:30 PM.") It could potentially be cumbersome and a nightmare to stay on top of.

Also! You can "subscribe" to the calendars. Go down towards the bottom left, and click on "Subscribe to this calendar." On my MacBook, for example, it incorporates nicely as its own separate entity - you can delete the subscription at any time.

Note also that Rachel and I have started a NY Calendar for our ever-growing NY City membership (now up to 3 or 4 people!). Invision requires that one calendar be the "default community calendar," and that is, of course, the DC Calendar for now; I don't see any advantage at all to mixing the two, but I can easily see one calendar for every city we infiltrate.

Please keep passing your thoughts my way.