Fundraiser for Nick Balenger - Sunday, January 13th, 6 PM, at BourbonSteak - PLEASE HELP.

DonRocks

It isn't often I honor requests to post about events. My reply is usually a simple one: I simply ask the requestor to become a member, to sign in, and to post about the event themselves. It's the easiest and most effective thing for everyone involved.

A short while ago, I got an email from Mark Politzer, the GM at BourbonSteak, asking me to post about an event they're having. Even before scrolling down, I had mentally started my response to Mark (a good friend of mine whose wedding I attended), urging him to post about it himself.

But then I looked at what Mark was asking me to promote, and I was stopped in my tracks. It isn't often that I am so moved, so honored by the responsibility that comes along with having a following, that I am compelled - almost to tears - to take immediate action, but such is the case here.

I beg people on this website to tell everyone you know about this fundraiser for Nick Balenger, the beloved 17-year-old son of Sylvie Balenger, who is the Director of Training at the Four Seasons hotel in Washington, DC. Nick recently suffered a traumatic, life-threatening spinal-cord injury, paralyzing him from the chest down.

100% OF THE PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT WILL GO TO NICK'S FAMILY TO HELP WITH THE UNIMAGINABLE MEDICAL COSTS THAT WILL BE INCURRED FROM THIS INJURY.

Nothing more needs to be said. The time to take action is now. Please click on the image below:

post-2-0-55827900-1357498275_thumb.jpg

142 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 133 guests, 0 anonymous users

DonRocks, hungry prof, Bimbo, sheldman, WWZ, B.A.R., jparrott, Facebook (2)

---

Whoever is retweeting ... THANK YOU! I have never seen this many people in a single topic before.

• Like 1