Calling Foodies for Good - Whitman-Walker Fundraiser, April 18th, 6:30 PM at the National Museum for Women in the Arts

Night Owl

If you have a big heart and care about the DC community, please consider participating in this -- especially if you're with a restaurant, food/wine and/or hospitality-related business here in the Washington area.*

WHAT:

Be The Care, Whitman-Walker Health's big spring fundraiser. They will honor Senator Tammy Baldwin with a Partner for Life award.

Please show your support any number of ways: (and feel free to PM me to get more info/make arrangements)

• Donate silent auction items (coveted dining experiences, wine collections, gift baskets, etc.): Receive recognition in the program, would be promoted online pre-event and via emails (deadline to submit logo and info is 3/22, printing deadline is 3/29); commitments in hand from Ris, Cashion's, Bibiana, Cork, Inn at Little Washington, Tom Sietsema and more. (PM me for the donation form)
  • Be a Silver Sponsor for an in-kind wine donation for the event (a sponsorship of $4k-5k): Receive recognition in pre-event communication, 1/2-page color ad in program, acknowledgement during opening remarks, 2 VIP reception tickets, additional 2 general admission tickets, inclusion in press release. But I'm sure for such a generous donation, more -- and more tailored -- recognition is possible. (Deadline for your name to be included in printed materials is 3/29​)
  • Be a Presenting Host or Host ($2.5k and $1k respectively): Benefits here: http://bit.ly/XXaMHo (Deadline for your name to be included in printed materials is 3/29)
  • Come to the event: Every individual donation is incredibly valuable. An individual ticket is $175, and it's only $75 if you're under 30 years old. Register/purchase your ticket here: http://bit.ly/11baXhw

If you can find it in your heart and wallet to donate a silent auction item, sponsor the in-kind wine donation or be a presenting host or host, please let Whitman-Walker Health know you heard about this from DonRockwell.com -- really want this incredible community to get some love and recognition for the amazing place it is!

WHY:

Whitman-Walker Health has been, is and will continue to be a leader and model, both nationally and locally -- cited for excellence and leadership by the White House... WWH is a quality health care provider to the DC area whether you have insurance or not. It started back in the 70s as a safe, nurturing place for gay men with health crises, went on to become a leader in the 80s serving men dying of (and ignored because of) an unknown disease that then was identified as AIDS and, today, is a model healthcare home to DC area residents with all kinds of health needs.

What makes Whitman-Walker unique today is that it provides a broad range of medical and other services -- from annual exams to disease-specific care (diabetes, cardiovascular, HIV/AIDS, etc), and other needs such as eye care, pharmacy and even legal services -- all under one roof and for all people. It's truly a unique and much-needed presence here in Washington (which is why I'm such a passionate supporter).

WHEN/WHERE:

April 18, 2013, 6:30pm

National Museum of Women in the Arts

1250 New York Avenue, N.W.

MORE INFO:

http://www.whitman-walker.org/bethecare

Thank you!!! -Stephenie

*Full disclosure: I'm on the event volunteer planning committee and in my spare time provide pro bono counsel to Whitman-Walker Health.

• Like 2

I'm asking all wine collectors to open up their hearts and donate a $100+ package by tomorrow.

It's so easy to donate wine, and I'll come buy and pick your donation up if need be. I'm also going to donate some of my own.

We only have ONE MORE DAY to commit - please do! PM Night Owl today for a donation form, or if you're not a member:

1) fucking join

2) or, email me at donrockwell@dcdining.com and I'll get you a form.

• Like 1

I'm asking all wine collectors to open up their hearts and donate a $100+ package by tomorrow.

It's so easy to donate wine, and I'll come buy and pick your donation up if need be. I'm also going to donate some of my own.

We only have ONE MORE DAY to commit - please do! PM Night Owl today for a donation form, or if you're not a member:

1) fucking join

2) or, email me at donrockwell@dcdining.com and I'll get you a form.

Thanks so much, Don!

All, please note the deadline to donate/sponsor has been extended to April 1 -- again, thanks in advance for your consideration! -Stephenie

Thanks, Don -- the event last night was beautiful and a great success... A big thanks to you and this community for all the support.

Foodie silent auction items like the gorgeous Barolo you donated, the tasting menu with wine pairing from Ris and wine tasting from Cork all brought winning bids that exceeded their stated values, bringing in much-needed and so-appreciated funds to Whitman-Walker Health for its valuable services to the Washington community.

A huge thanks again! DonRocks and dr.com, you rock! -Stephenie

• Like 1