The 360 degree interior view of a restaurant by google

DaveO

I was reading the thread about Redwood and found it interesting enough to look up the restaurant on google and view their site.

Then I went back and clicked on an a 360 degree interior view that google presents for restaurants and any business.

If you search in google for Redwood Bethesda or a phrase like that, you will get results with a large presentation of information to their website on the left side of the google webpage. On the right side google has repackaged the information. It often includes photos and then...

if the business was fortunate to get this done several years ago for free or has contacted a google authorized photogrpher you can get this interesting 360 degree view inside.

Here is the one for Redwood: http://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-77.097888!3d38.981311!2m2!1f130.8!2f90!4f75!2m4!1e1!2m2!1sldtk1sfqPDabMeVkNSVXMQ!2e0&fid=5

There is some navigation on the lower right hand side. If you get a view looking from one room to the next there will be an arrow to the second room. Click on that and you'll get a navigable 360 degree view of the second room.

Redwood is very attractive and light filled with a huge amount of window line. If you like restaurants with natural light...Redwood is right there.

Years ago Portners was one of my favorite restaurant environments. At 109 S St Asaph street in Olde Towne it occupied a beautiful renovated firehouse with a vaulted ceiling.

Its now Columbia Firehouse. Its still tremendously attractive. here is the 360 view that google provides for Columbia Firehouse: You'll get it by clicking on the see inside link on the right side of the google page if you search for Columbia Firehouse Alexandria or a phrase like that: http://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-77.046027!3d38.804403!2m2!1f325.23!2f90!4f75!2m4!1e1!2m2!1sZJ40RX0Kd02_pTTLErqYWA!2e0&fid=5

If you rotate around the view and come to the door into the front space you'll find an arrow over the floor. Click on that and it takes you to the front room

These are ingenious interior shots and imho wonderful marketing tools if your restaurant or business is similarly attractive. Some businesses have them, some don't.

I know there are "certified by google" photographers" in this region you can contact to arrange to get one of these views. I spoke with one of those photographers a while back. He referenced that this 360 degree view is cutting edge and there is nothing else like that. I'm not sure about that...but these views sure are attractive in my mind.