but whatevs, since I was just bragging.

Before this spring I ate out approximately 99% of my meals. Nearly that same percentage of dinners had an alcoholic beverage accompaniment, and most nights there were more than just one.

In April I bought a folding bicycle. Reasoning: easier to transport and store. My first ride was from my house to VA Square Metro, then ride to McPherson Square on Metro, and ride the bike to the Passenger. After several beverages, Uber home with the bike in the back.

Later rides were just around the neighborhood.

The next week I bought a charcoal grill. About once a week I'd fire it up, and while smoking cigars and drinking beer, grill up food for the week - typically a steak for that night and pork and chicken for the week, plus onions, asparagus, peppers, etc.

I'd then microwave and eat that through the week for dinner.

At the end of June I bought running shoes and paid for the "Couch to 5K" app. I started running on a treadmill 3 times a week. I also started riding the cheap stationary bike I have in my apartment when it was too hot to ride outside. After each workout, I'd do pushups until muscle failure.

(I also ate out more and drank a lot more -- mostly because it was so friggin' hot I didn't want to grill, and I had lots of events.)

At the end of July my doctor asked me to take two weeks off from drinking to get some blood work done. I immediately started to taper off my drinking, and started my detox this past Monday.

After a mistaken diagnosis of being down to 188, a re-check of my weight shows me at being at 214, or 48 pounds less than when I started. (On 1 JUL I was 232.) I haven't weighed under 200 since at least 2000.

This is VERY exciting. I feel absolutely FANTASTIC, and the lifestyle changes I've made are easy to maintain. I'm hoping to be under 200 by the "official" start of Fall, but we'll see. I won't be heartbroken if not - it's more about how I feel and how I look, and how that allows me to have consensual sex with as many other people as possible (and also to eat and drink whatever I want within reason).

I need a damn milkshake.

• Like 1