Ham Steak

edstaut

Hi,

I have been unable to find any restaurants serving ham tomorrow (mini rant: why not? Ham is awesome, it cann be used for more than flavoring, it can stand up on its own as a main course, it is easy to make, and it is a traditional Easter food)

So I bought a ham steak and am planning on cooking it after church. Does anyone have any good recipes? How long do I cook it? I plan on serving it with scrambled eggs, and home made apple sauce. Any other ideas or suggestions(keeping in mind grocery stores are now closed and so things would have to be common household items)?

Best,

Ed

Hi,

I have been unable to find any restaurants serving ham tomorrow (mini rant: why not?  Ham is awesome, it cann be used for more than flavoring, it can stand up on its own as a main course, it is easy to make, and it is a traditional Easter food)

So I bought a ham steak and am planning on cooking it after church.  Does anyone have any good recipes?  How long do I cook it?  I plan on serving it with scrambled eggs, and home made apple sauce.  Any other ideas or suggestions(keeping in mind grocery stores are now closed and so things would have to be common household items)?

Best,

Ed

If you are buying a ham "steak" (which comes in vacuum-pack plastic (right?), then it is already cooked. If you want to heat it, you have a couple of different methods: 1) put it on a baking sheet in a 300 degree oven for ten minutes or so; or 2) throw it in a frying pan (you won't need any oil probably) and just brown it on each side--only takes a couple of minutes.

A sauce with "Common Household Items?" Easy. Jam or jelly (of any kind) melted with Dijon mustard to taste. That's it. We don't eat this for breakfast with eggs or anything, but as dinner. The homemade apple sauce sounds very nice.

You would really have to jump through several hoops to mess this up.