Making A Bunch Of Frites

teddyk

Hi! This is my first post.

I am making frites for about 10 people tonight. I think I have the two step frying thing down pretty well.

The problem is capacity. I have a one basket fryer. In the past, when I have made them for 4 or 5 people, the second step was short enough that I could do two or three batches and all were done before the first batch got cold. This probably is not going to cut it for the volume I have to fry tonight.

Is there a good/acceptable way to keep them warm or reheat them that won't result in soggy or overdone frites.

Thanks for any suggestions....

Hi! This is my first post.

I am making frites for about 10 people tonight. I think I have the two step frying thing down pretty well.

The problem is capacity. I have a one basket fryer. In the past, when I have made them for 4 or 5 people, the second step was short enough that I could do two or three batches and all were done before the first batch got cold. This probably is not going to cut it for the volume I have to fry tonight.

Is there a good/acceptable way to keep them warm or reheat them that won't result in soggy or overdone frites.

Thanks for any suggestions....

You could do the first fry in advance up to a few hours. When your guest arrive do your second fry using your basket fryer and a pot. It's going to be hard with that many people, but you can keep them warm in the oven.