"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans Of My Little Pony" (2012), Kickstarted, Then Directed by Laurent Malaquais

Rieux

On 9/7/2014 at 0:16 AM, DonRocks said:

I've remembered these two comments ever since they were written, and finally got around to seeing something else with John DeLancie in it. Although I'm not finished watching yet, my gut tells me (and I'm a pretty good judge of character) that his ... "dickitude?" ... is rooted in withdrawal which is rooted in being dyslexic. In other words, I think any stand-offishness is not because he's stand-offish at heart. 

John DeLancie is the producer and narrator of the documentary Bronies, about grown men who love My Little Pony. It's worth a watch.

He's the producer and narrator of the documentary Bronies, about grown men who love My Little Pony. It's worth a watch.

Yes, he talks about that in depth in the video I posted here (final twenty minutes or so). This is part of what made me think he's a good guy at the core (that and his very sympathetic responses to the mother with the nineteen-year-old dyslexic son).