Boston

I think Boston's got some great Chinese food.  

We had some delicious dumplings, baos, stinky tofu, sticky rice wrapped in intestine, and greens at Taiwan Cafe in Chinatown.  We also had some delicious dim sum at Dynasty, also in Chinatown.  Dynasty opens early (9 am).

Tried some acclaimed seafood.  Neptune Oyster had the best fried Ipswich clams I ever had (just great breading and nicely salted).  The kids loved their clam chowder.  I thought the Acadian redfish and chips were pretty good as well.  Unfortunately their Monday night special of lobster spaghetti was not good at all.  The lobster was way overcooked.  The spaghetti sauce was just your typical marinara (unlike Joe Beef in Montreal, where the sauce was made with lobster stock).  The scallop crudo was also fishy.  The Daily Catch at the North End doesn't take reservation or credit card, but a few blocks away is a branch (Waterfront) that takes reservation and credit card.  We had clams Siciliano, shrimp scampi, fritto misto and Vongole Neapolitan linguine.  Their clam linguine is chopped clams while the Vongole Neapolitan has clams in shells.  They didn't purge the clams so they were sandy.  The other foods were good but nothing special.  

Le's Vietnamese around Harvard is decent.  There looks to be some good food around Harvard but parking is a pain.

We stayed at the Harborside Inn. The room was quite big with adjustable temperature.  The fridge worked but there were no coffee/tea maker.  The location is great though, right next to Quincy Market.  We parked a couple of blocks away at 21 Well St.  It's valet only but with in and out privileges.  Found the parking on Spot Hero.

Quincy Market looks more like a mall food court than a food hall.  Nearby Boston Public Market isn't much better.  The Isabella Gardner Museum is amazing if you like sumptuously decorated palazzos.

• Like 3