Guy's Big Bite

ManekiNeko

...Though I still loathe Sandra Lee. Has anyone caught this show? It's as if the editors of a lad mag were given carte blanche to make a cooking show, but without the chicks in bikinis cavorting about. The set is a raucous orgy of "dude" things: Pinball machine, NASCAR-themed fridge, tiki bar, bumper pool. The food is pretty much pimped out burgers and sandwiches with treacly/bizarro cocktails. He occasionally has his friends on as guests, but they have nicknames like "Mustard" and such.

I think I'm not the target market for this show. :o

There's probably a reason why it airs on Sunday mornings.

On the flipside, this is the guy (haha) who won the Food Network's Who Wants to be the Next Food Network Star competition...so at least he's giving it a go (for better or for worst)

There's probably a reason why it airs on Sunday mornings.

On the flipside, this is the guy (haha) who won the Food Network's Who Wants to be the Next Food Network Star competition...so at least he's giving it a go (for better or for worst)

I watched the show last season. Although I like some of his recipes, it grosses me out that he is wearing all this jewelry. Half the time it looks like the bracelet or whatever it is he's wearing is slopping around in the dish he's making. When I was going to culinary school, we always had to take the jewelry off. I find it distracting and also wonder how sanitary it is.

Also one thing I notice about this show is sometimes you can see the camera boom or microphone in the picture and the camera moves all over the place around like some amateur is filming it. It 's hard to watch, the quality just isn't there.