Deli For Catering In NY

squidsdc

Thought I'd throw this one out there for all you out of towners... if you know another resource on the web that would help, I'll take that as well. I need to order a deli tray for a family whose father passed away, and I'll need to call in the next hour. We just found out the address, which is in Jamaica NY. Any recs for delis to call? Any and all suggestions are welcome. TIA

russ and daughters - 212-475-4880 for the best smoked fish platter on the planet. Katz's is down the block if you're looking for deli meats. Not sure either goes to Jamaica

Thought I'd throw this one out there for all you out of towners... if you know another resource on the web that would help, I'll take that as well. I need to order a deli tray for a family whose father passed away, and I'll need to call in the next hour. We just found out the address, which is in Jamaica NY. Any recs for delis to call? Any and all suggestions are welcome. TIA

russ and daughters - 212-475-4880 for the best smoked fish platter on the planet. Katz's is down the block if you're looking for deli meats. Not sure either goes to Jamaica

thanx--I'll put those in my file for future reference. I called a few places, but they wouldn't deliver outside the city, and even Au Bon Pain was only available to deliver at JFK proper. I spoke with one person who could do the delivery, but could only charge a credit card if he could swipe it in person. He suggested going the route of a fruit basket, which due to the time crunch I thought was a great suggestion. Just want to give Kudos to the folks I called at PROFLOWERS. They have been great on floral deliveries for my company in the past, so I thought I'd check to see if they could do a next day delivery. Not onlly was it only $12 for delivery, the person on the phone was very nice, helpful and creative in putting together just the right assortment.