Setaro Dried Pasta In DC Area ?

SuasorDC

While visiting NYC, I found some Setaro branded pappardelle pasta in one of the Italian specialty store in the Chelsea Market and they were AMAZING!

the company's website is http://www.setaro.it/

I've since found an specialty Italian online store that has it, but they are 2x-3x as what I paid in NYC

Has anyone seen this anywhere in the DC area ? :(

Thanks!

the package looks like this :

setaro_pasta_l.jpg

NYMag Mentioned it earlier here in case you're wondering what's so good about it.

BTW.. can someone with the rights correct the spelling on the topic line ? ;(

While visiting NYC, I found some Setaro branded pappardelle pasta in one of the Italian specialty store in the Chelsea Market and they were AMAZING!

the company's website is http://www.setaro.it/

Has anyone seen this anywhere in the DC area ? :(

the package looks like this :

setaro_pasta_l.jpg

NYMag Mentioned it earlier here in case you're wondering what's so good about it.

I saw this just today, at Cornucopia, an Italian specialty shop/deli on Norfolk Ave. in Bethesda. I hadn't been in there in ages, since my daughter stopped taking guitar lessons nearby. The owner is a lovely man (his name escapes me at the moment) who used to work for Dean and Deluca. There are a number of different Italian dried pastas there that I have not seen elsewhere. Warning: very expensive. Also seen--dried cannellini and borlotti beans, also expensive. Lovely prosciutto, and of course he's got the hand-crank slicer. Also on offer today was Italian buffalo milk ricotta.

I saw this just today, at Cornucopia, an Italian specialty shop/deli on Norfolk Ave. in Bethesda. I hadn't been in there in ages, since my daughter stopped taking guitar lessons nearby. The owner is a lovely man (his name escapes me at the moment) who used to work for Dean and Deluca. There are a number of different Italian dried pastas there that I have not seen elsewhere. Warning: very expensive. Also seen--dried cannellini and borlotti beans, also expensive. Lovely prosciutto, and of course he's got the hand-crank slicer. Also on offer today was Italian buffalo milk ricotta.

Awesome!!!!

I'll pay a visit when I get a chance :mellow:

Awesome!!!!

I'll pay a visit when I get a chance :mellow:

You may also find anohter great pasta- Gragnano from the same area. These artisan pastas are made with wheat grown in the area south of Naples which yield one of the great pastas around. Campofilano in Marche is another area famed for the quality of its pasta- Lantini and Campofilano are two brands I ahve used.