Thomas Handy Rye

The Willet Family Potstill has arrived*

willetfevz4.th.jpg

*Barbara Eden not included

From Mr. Drew Kulsveen himself (off of blog.maltadvocate.com) (bolding is mine)

A tourist at the distillery the other day brought me a bottle of Thomas Handy Rye. While I will be the first to admit that tourists, while really welcome always at Old New Orleans Rum, can take a lot out of the day-when someone shows up with a lovely gift like this remarkable product, well, I love tourists.

The Handy is delicious, massively complex, and a bottle will last a long, long while. I mean, the bottle that I got was about 148 proof which means that you can cut it in half and make it go a long way. It's damned swell, if you axe me.

A tourist at the distillery the other day brought me a bottle of Thomas Handy Rye.

It's a fine limited-edition whiskey, and the best of the Buffalo Trace ryes. Well worth seeking out a bottle in the fall when it's released. Which year did you get? The proofs were 132.7 for the 2006, and 134.8 for the 2007 (I'm guessing you missed a digit and have the latter)

Fairly complex, but for "massive" complexity you really owe it to yourself to taste one of the super-aged KBD ryes (Willett, Red Hook, Black Maple Hill) before they're extinct. 2x to 3x the price of the Handy and very hard to find, but unbelievable layers and layers.

While I will be the first to admit that tourists, while really welcome always at Old New Orleans Rum, can take a lot out of the day-when someone shows up with a lovely gift like this remarkable product, well, I love tourists.

Waitaminnit...you're not Elvis, are you?