Bastille Day

DameEdna

Bastille Day approaches, but if Les Halles can't be bothers to update their web site, why bother?

Other sources indicate the waiter race will happen on July 14, on Pa. Ave. The good race is

the little kids race, the contestants carrying baskets of french fries, which often get nibbled

during the run (carbo-loading). That happens at noon, apparently.

I'm also trying to work out a plan that involves seeing the Jim Henson, Muppet, exhibit at the

Smithsonian (of course I know where it is ...

there is a garden behind the old castle building ... in the garden is a little gazebo ... go in there and

take the elevator down ... so what if you don't believe me ....

I don't think Henson was French.

Next consideration is finding some French themed place for dinner... um, probably not Les Halles.

Really, I might prefer the Philadelphia take:

On Bastille Day, a woman dressed as Marie Antoinette throws approximately 2,000 Tastykakes from a tower of the Eastern State Penitentiary to the audience below, while shouting, "Let them eat Tastykake!"[1] (From wikipedia)

Please feel free to partake in my favorite Bastille Day tradition, reminding everyone that it is the last shopping day before my Birthday on the 15th (otherwise know as French Hangover Day).

Bastille Day approaches, but if Les Halles can't be bothers to update their web site, why bother?

Other sources indicate the waiter race will happen on July 14, on Pa. Ave. The good race is

the little kids race, the contestants carrying baskets of french fries, which often get nibbled

during the run (carbo-loading). That happens at noon, apparently.

I'm also trying to work out a plan that involves seeing the Jim Henson, Muppet, exhibit at the

Smithsonian (of course I know where it is ...

there is a garden behind the old castle building ... in the garden is a little gazebo ... go in there and

take the elevator down ... so what if you don't believe me ....

I don't think Henson was French.

Next consideration is finding some French themed place for dinner... um, probably not Les Halles.

Really, I might prefer the Philadelphia take:

On Bastille Day, a woman dressed as Marie Antoinette throws approximately 2,000 Tastykakes from a tower of the Eastern State Penitentiary to the audience below, while shouting, "Let them eat Tastykake!"[1] (From wikipedia)