CamelBak All Clear Water Purifier Bottle - The End Of Tummy Trouble While Traveling Abroad?

DonRocks

Just to be clear, filters won't get most of the bacteria you should be worried about. For that you will have to boil or use chlorine tablets.

It actually depends on the filter/purifier, THIS is the one I have.  Highly recommended.  Camelback All Clear.  Removes protozoa, bacteria and viruses.  Worth every penny as we have used it for a few trips now, expensive, but if you travel a lot worth it.

Just how sure are you that this thing works in what is essentially all cases?

If it does, I'm buying one the next time I go overseas to a country with known water issues.

That first gulp of tap water is going to be like rappelling for the very first time, leaning back off that cliff.

Just how sure are you that this thing works in what is essentially all cases?

If it does, I'm buying one the next time I go overseas to a country with known water issues.

That first gulp of tap water is going to be like rappelling for the very first time, leaning back off that cliff.

If you go to the Camelback website, they have independent lab tests and EPA protocols backing up their 99.999% claim and have a guarantee.  I got it after reading a ton of travel sites and other websites on water filters and purification systems and talked to the people at REI.  It works the way the Steripen works, essentially, it just includes a bottle which is easier for use because I bought another camelback water bottle and the top fit, so I would clear my bottle then MKs with the same filter, and then we had a bottle good for the day to take with us.  Note, it is more used for travel than hiking, as it doesn't have a filter (well you can buy one separately for chunky water) so a lot of camping blog sites favor drip systems, etc.  But we were travelling on a daily basis and needed something more portable.  I also needed to be able to add medication into the water, so a straw filter system for my trip didn't work very well for me.  There are a number of good purification options, this was the best for us.

• Like 1