Appreciation for Skip Gould

CajunJason

Skip Gould:

Former head corporate bartender of the Great American Restaurant (Artie's) group for over a decade, most recently of Vinifera at the Westin at Reston Heights- passed away earlier today.

A wonderful and kind person. :rolleyes:

He was a very, very nice man. This hasn't been a good two weeks. <_<

The Delaney and Elliott families are heartbroken. From a 9 year old to an 81 year old, we all considered Skip part of our extended family. We spent almost all of our biggest moments with him - family reunions, birthdays, anniversaries, births, deaths, a crappy diagnosis, a last chemo, or just a night out. He was the funniest person I knew, with a sweet, soft side and Jersey charm that made my 81 year old mom and 13 year old daughter be smitten on him!

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. He was a one of a kind guy!

Janet Delaney Elliott

He was the funniest person I knew, with a sweet, soft side and Jersey charm. He was a one of a kind guy!
Frederick “Skip” Gould: A kind and funny guy who was full of life, I recall how he proudly (and rightfully so) spoke about being the “main man” who contributed to the success and developed the bar program for The Great American Restaurant Group. He described himself as “the stud, the main dog” during his prime. A big man with a big heart, he was well liked by his guests and well respected by his peers. A lot of people will truly miss him.

Everyone enjoyed Skip's humor and intelligence. Bob and I thought his most impressive quality was how he treated others. He lived his life with a Godly spirit.

We watched Skip through many years as he went out of his way to show many kindnesses to many people. He was always there for someone in need, and sometimes he was the only one there. What a great example he showed to all of us!

We are grateful Skip was in our lives!

Marilyn Ullrich and Bob Capeci