Healthy Solutions gets White House Press

zoramargolis

Our recent blogger Tanikka Cunningham's organization, Healthy Solutions, is featured on the front page of the new White House Let's Move website.

Her full blog information is here. Its the same blog that was listed on the USDA"s site last Friday here. (In the photo, Tanikka is the tall woman with braids in the back row on the left.)

She also tells me that she is finally in talks with the DC Housing Authority to expand her fresh vegetable and fruit co-op to more housing projects in the food desert of Wards 7&8.

Great news!! :lol:

Our recent blogger Tanikka Cunningham's organization, Healthy Solutions, is featured on the front page of the new White House Let's Move website.

Her full blog information is here. Its the same blog that was listed on the USDA"s site last Friday here. (In the photo, Tanikka is the tall woman with braids in the back row on the left.)

She also tells me that she is finally in talks with the DC Housing Authority to expand her fresh vegetable and fruit co-op to more housing projects in the food desert of Wards 7&8.

Great news!! :lol:

And you championed her early on, Zora. You should be proud of yourself, and so should Tanikka.

And you championed her early on, Zora. You should be proud of yourself, and so should Tanikka.

What is really cool is that someone at HHS read about Tanikka in Flavor Magazine, and alerted Dept. of Ag and the First Lady's anti-child obesity program about her. I think we all can feel gratified that people working in the Obama administration are tuned into local food issues and see them in the context of a really important, progressive national agenda.