This is not a typo

Smita Nordwall

New shell lobsters could definitely be that cheap, unfortunately you can probably expect only an ounce and a half to two ounces of meat per pound of live lobster.

I thought of that. But I recall soft-shell lobster season is usually in summer. Ah well, will report back if I stay hungry tonight.

I thought of that. But I recall soft-shell lobster season is usually in summer. Ah well, will report back if I stay hungry tonight.

Many years ago, while on lunch break, I spotted giant lobsters at a Super H for (I don't remember for sure) about $6 per lb.--they were cheaper per lb. than the smaller ones in the next tank. It was in mid Summer. Anyway I bought one that was nearly 3 pounds, got a box and some ice, and took it back to my parking garage at the office and finally home. It made the trip. My sweetie and I gorged ourselves on that thing. It was fabulous.

So the lobsters were cooked. The claws, indeed, were not as filled out as we might have liked. But all in all, it was plenty of yummy lobsterness for a small amount of money.

Lobsters were $6/lb in the Rockville Great Wall yesterday. We got two for $13. The claws were a bit underfilled, but the tail was well filled and there was a tons of roe and tomale in the head.

We once got a 7 lb lobster for $7/lb. Cooking it in an indoor setting was a traumatic experience for all.