Looking for Work - Specialty in Business Information and Data Packaging

DanCole42

Dear DonRockwell.com-

This is not a fun thing to admit. The other week, I was laid off from my job at Summit Business Media, where I'd been working as the Director of Research and Product Development for almost ten years. Of course, this was very unwelcome, but crisis equals opportunity and all that!

A lot of people would probably keep this news to themselves and maybe their close family. Me? I want to just come out there and say it, and ask the DonRockwell.com "network" for a favor: please take a minute to think about whether you or anyone you know might have any connections, information, or suggestions for me.

My specialty is in product development centered around "business information": specifically in taking data (whether it's free government data or proprietary information) and turning that data into business-to-business software and media products. My focus was retirement and benefits, but I'm highly adaptable and know a lot about what works and what doesn't when it comes to this sort of thing. I am currently a member of American Business Media's Business Information Council, have spoken at industry events such as DataContent, and have written several blogs derived from my own data analysis.

Of course, this is a food board, and I do love to eat and to cook. I'm not sure I'd want to make a career out of it, but if there are any jobs out there in the industry (excluding actually working at a restaurant) I'd love to pick something up part time that could get me some extra cash so I can continue to afford my swanky lifestyle. And who knows where it might lead?

Please don't feel like you have to respond: I'm not out for sympathy, I just want to let everyone possible know that I'm in the market for a new position. It can't hurt to ask!

All the best,

Dan Cole

dancole42@gmail.com

PS - If you are in, or know anyone else who's in my situation, feel free to get in touch. We can share leads and commiserate.

This is not a fun thing to admit. The other week, I was laid off from my job at Summit Business Media, where I'd been working as the Director of Research and Product Development for almost ten years. Of course, this was very unwelcome, but crisis equals opportunity and all that!

There are two types of people: those who have hardships, and those who pretend they don't - I know which one I'd rather work with.

If any employer out there is looking for a loyal, pleasant gentleman with a humble, self-effacing sense of humor, you'll be doing yourself a favor by contacting Dan Cole.