Bloody Mary At Acadiana

MBK

Does anyone know the recipe for the bloody mary served at Acadiana? All I know is, it has pepper-infused three olives vodka (where can I get that?) I'm going to a "make your favorite cocktail" party in a few weeks, and I want to make that one!

Does anyone know the recipe for the bloody mary served at Acadiana?  All I know is, it has pepper-infused three olives vodka (where can I get that?)  I'm going to a "make your favorite cocktail" party in a few weeks, and I want to make that one!

When they first opened, Ryan - one of the bartenders - told me they infused the vodka themselves with habaneros, jalapenos and one other type of pepper that I can't remember. They've since toned it down, but if you ask, I'm sure Ryan would be more than willing to let you know what they put in it.

You'll almost definitely have to infuse the vodka with peppers yourself. Probably doesn't really matter if it's Three Olives or not. Never infused alcohol myself but I know a good way to get the flavor of a habanero into something without having to chop up the whole superhot tidbit is to poke holes in it with a fork, then drop it in while the liquid heats (or, in the case of vodka, sits.)