Help Needed for Work Dinner

amyblues

Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a bind for a work dinner I'm attempting to organize. We're holding a conference at the Hyatt Regency on Capitol Hill, and are looking to organize a dinner to thank our program committee members on Tuesday, June 27th at 7:45/8 p.m. We have 10 confirmed attendees but the number could go as high as 25. The catch is we need to adhere to federal per diem standards, which means $34 for dinner.

I haven't received any comments from the group about likes/dislikes. One member suggested Jaleo, but I'm curious if the downtown restaurant would permit reservations past 6:30. I'll be calling them this morning. The only availability on OT for a group of 20 that night is Restaurant Kolumbia. Does anyone have any other tips? Past dinners have been at La Colline (but I heard some complaints re: service) and Charlie Palmer Steak.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

Can you do Sonoma for that number (minus wine, which the Feds tend not to cover anyway)? Zaytinya might work as well if they'll give you the upstairs. Old Ebbitt is a pro at this stuff, though less interesting.

In any case, you're going to have to give them a firmer number than "10-25," of course.

As already mentioned, Sonoma would be a good option. You might be able to get their private room upstairs, otherwise, for 20 people you would need to get their two big communal tables downstairs. They do events like this fairly often, and the prices, excluding wine, would be in your range.