If you like Romantic chamber music, which I love, you might want to listen to Schumann: The Complete Works for Wind and Piano, a magnificent set of recordings, which was where I first came across the Opus 73 Phantasiestí¼cke. The middle piece in the Opus 94 Drei Romanzen for oboe and piano (marked "einfach, innig") has been for many years the theme music for my dear, departed dog Cassie, which means that it often makes me cry.

Note to all: In Classical Music, the difference between a "sonata" and a "concerto" is that a "sonata" is the instrument being highlighted, paired with the piano unless specified otherwise (*); a "concerto" is the instrument being highlighted, paired with an entire orchestra. So if you hear the term "violin sonata," it almost always means, by default, "violin and piano"; if you hear the term "violin concerto," it means "violin and orchestra."

Violin and piano is also violin and harpsichord in many cases. Not with clarinet though.

If you like Romantic chamber music, which I love, you might want to listen to Schumann: The Complete Works for Wind and Piano, a magnificent set of recordings, which was where I first came across the Opus 73 Phantasiestí¼cke. The middle piece in the Opus 94 Drei Romanzen for oboe and piano (marked "einfach, innig") has been for many years the theme music for my dear, departed dog Cassie, which means that it often makes me cry.

Mendelssohn and Schumann both wrote great symphonies for strings.

Opus 94 Drei Romanzen

I've found you can always count on these pieces to be drei.

In all seriousness, I edited your post to put the YouTube video up of Opus 94. It's fifteen minutes of *gorgeous* music that you can click on, then close the screen and leave it in the background as you do your work (that's one of the things I love best about the music forum). I get the videos going, and I'm listening to and learning great new music on a daily basis.