Jon Miller, Sportscaster and Baseball Announcer for the Orioles, Giants, and ESPN

DonRocks

27 minutes ago, JoshNE said:

Do what I do: mute the TV and listen to the radio broadcast. Definitely better. 

Ha! I used to do this with the Orioles when Jon Miller was calling the games on the radio! Has there ever been a smoother announcer than Miller? I cannot believe Peter Angelos saw fit to get rid of this *Giant* of an announcer, pun intended, because I hope Angelos has suffered from his idiotic decision to release Miller, but Wangelos is so clueless that he probably doesn't even know Miller's in San Francisco now.

I just got my blood boiling thinking about that poison dwarf. When you hate a sports owner more than I hate Dan Snyder, that's saying something, but I hate Angelos more than I hate any sports owner, even Marge Schott (who was just a stupid racist) or George Steinbrenner (who was just Donald Trump's identical twin). There I go, violating my own rules about personal insults. I'll change the wording of this to something more appropriate. Damn it.

Miller and Angel are the voices of my childhood summers.  We absolutely used to mute the TV to listen to them, but more often it was outside on the porch where we were also close enough to the stadium hear the roar of the crowd after a big play if the stands were full.  Even when the game was a blow out it was a pleasure just listening to them be entertainers.  I can distinctly recall them coming back on air after a 2-3 hour rain delay, clearly drunk, and Miller doing a couple innings in Japanese (how fluently I have no idea, but he did speak the language a bit) with Angel providing a deadpan "translation" on the fly.  Rehearsed comedy routines are seldom as entertaining.  In the age of internet radio I should make an effort to seek out the SF broadcast the next time they play the Nats.

• Like 1