30 Days of Pork

rbh

I couldn't find this posted elsewhere here... and figured this crowd would find this entertaining... a vegetarian of 12 years goes cold turkey (or rather cold pork :P ) to have 30 days of pork in the Bay area in November.

Here's the beginning of the blog link.

and the 30-day pork calendar.

Awesome quote from Day 20:

"Many people say that bacon is what breaks most vegetarians. I'd definitely agree that bacon was a temptress to me. Some of my vegetarian friends go as far as to say that bacon isn't really meat, but rather, candy. They'll say, "I'm vegetarian except for bacon," acknowledging their hypocrisy with pride."

Awesome quote from Day 20:

"Many people say that bacon is what breaks most vegetarians. I'd definitely agree that bacon was a temptress to me. Some of my vegetarian friends go as far as to say that bacon isn't really meat, but rather, candy. They'll say, "I'm vegetarian except for bacon," acknowledging their hypocrisy with pride."

I'm not sure if there's something about Smithfield in Omnivore's Dilemma, but I thought this article on Smithfield Farms in the Rolling Stone was disturbing. Did anyone else read it?