Severna Park

We were meeting friends who came in from Colorado near their parents house in Severna Park.  We were having a big group dinner with friends and their little boys, so Mi Pueblo II was a good option, as it is very low key, affordable and casual.  Lots of other kiddos there.  There is a bar in the back, and it is pretty well stocked, but it isn't the type of place you go to sit at a bar, as it is pretty small just line of bar in the back of a gigantic box restaurant.  You go for large heaping plates of rice and beans and various Tex-Mex with a few Mexican dishes sprinkled in.  This place was packed at 5-7, but pretty much cleared out after that on a Sunday night, so definitely a family spot. 

The margaritas were good and they had a nice selection of tequilas, not a mix margarita.  I got a special with a tamale, two taquitos, and some nachos with chicken, beans, rice, lettuce, tomato, guac and a sizable dollop of sour cream.  This would have been a perfect super bowl meal.  The tamal was a bit dry to me, but the filling was really good, and I just like my tamales a bit more moist than some styles.  The taquitos were taquitos.  The beans were more of a puree, but that was good with chips and guac and shredded chicken, and one of our younger companions really liked them.  It was what you would expect for a suburban Mexican restaurant, but it was in no way bad if you go with that expectation.  And they handled our huge table really well, with smiles and really positive, energetic service.  It was our friend's birthday and they had roving mariachis singing happy birthday, the little boys were happy to wear the sombrero he definitely did not want to wear.  They brought him out some ice cream coated with corn flakes and chocolate sauce, and I think the two pregnant women with us pretty much finished this off for him with no complaints.  So for what we needed, a place to let us all sit around a big table, with kiddos, have some drinks, tell stories, etc, it was great for that and the food was fine for the purpose.