La Rifa Chocolateria - Founder, Daniel Reza Barrientos at Clavel

This Sunday,  I will be attending a chocolate tasting event at Bar Clavel in the Remington neighborhood of Baltimore.  This seems like something that the members of DR may find interesting. I also learned that same event will be presented at Epista in District on Monday, Aug 13th. I tried finding a link for the DC pop up ,but it is not listed in Eventbrite. Ill need to do a little bit more digging to find the details , or you can go to Espita website and find out more. I imagine they would have some information about the event. 

The quick glance at the event, attendees will taste pre-Hispanic cold water base cacao drink, chocolate truffle, and cacao seed. I have learned that the chocolate source from La Rifa has been featured at the most recent pop up of Noma that was held in Talum, Mexico. Little fun fact I like to throw in about the event.  I made an attempt to research more about La Rifa, but nearly all of the resources are not in English, and exceed my HS AP Level of Spanish. But seriously the event involves  learning & tasting chocolate in a backdrop provided by Clavel. No further convincing needed, IMO. If you happen to attend the event in Baltimore, Clavel will be holding a market of sorts in their newly expanded dining room from 11-4  featuring Baltimore artisans, and art and pottery being sold by the members of  Clavel's family.  From what I understand, several members of Clavel have traveled to Mexico and have collected all sorts of pottery, and art so I imagine the selection to be eclectic. The items sold at their market will be cash only.

So if you are looking for something to do on Sunday, you are welcome.☺️

Intrepid guide,

kat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1