Peter Heering, a Danish Manufacturer of Liqueurs, Primarily Cherry Liqueur, since 1818

Pool Boy

On 10/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, DaveO said:

Hah.   That recipe is significantly less expensive than the Cacoctan rye version.  Very significantly.  

I didn’t watch Andrew prepare it or ask so I have no idea of the ingredients he used.  The drink was very good.  

Thinking about it a bit more I’m not getting either set of ingredients for my home.  I don’t drink much any more regardless of how nice that was.  

Old Overholt is pretty inexpensive and there are far better rye’s in my opinion but I used to think it went well with liqueurs like a cherry brandy.   As to Amaro’s, I don’t know them at all and I don’t know the two cherry liqueurs well enough to know the difference but overall your recipe is dramatically more wallet friendly.   

Next time i’ll have to watch. 

Over the years, say close to 2 decades bartenders were into Jamison’s than Gran Manier when they hung out after hours.  More recently I understand Tom Brown has gotten them into a shot of Old Overholt and a Natty Boh.  That is a lot less expensive.  Old Overholt—good enough and at a great price.  

I find Cherry Heering too sweet. Luxardo Sangue Morlacco is much more cherry on the tart side than the sweet if you get my drift. Much more in my wheelhouse.  I've used a number of ryes at home to make this and pretty much prefer my go to - Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond - for cocktail making that is.

9 hours ago, Pool Boy said:

I find Cherry Heering too sweet. Luxardo Sangue Morlacco is much more cherry on the tart side than the sweet if you get my drift. Much more in my wheelhouse.  I've used a number of ryes at home to make this and pretty much prefer my go to - Rittenhouse Bottled in Bond - for cocktail making that is.

Cherry Heering goes really well with chocolate cake.