L'Astrance, Chef Pascal Barbot in the 16th Arrondisement - 3 Michelin Stars since 2007

On 11/14/2005 at 12:04 AM, Joe H said:

Serious question: how much are you willing to spend and what kind of experiences are you looking for? When I think of "foodie vacation" I am thinking of several blowout dinners; if this is true they can become a very real function of cost along WITH THE ABILITY TO SECURE A RESERVATION at a restaurant like L'Astrance or several of the three stars.

On 11/14/2005 at 10:01 AM, Keithstg said:

As Joe mentioned, L'Astrance is another excellent choice, but if you were thinking of going to any of the ***ed restaurants, LeCinq is the best bet.

On 11/14/2005 at 11:04 AM, Joe H said:

L'astrance is the most difficult reservation in Paris and worth the effort. Two months to the day. Yes, this means waking up at 4:00AM and calling them. Take lunch if this is the only time you can get in. I have actually built business trips around this.

We managed to get a lunch reservation for L'Astrance the last time we were in Paris and it was well worth the effort and expense. It is the only restaurant where I've ever been asked to guess what I just ate.