Le Comptoir du Vin, Chef/Co-owner Will Mester and Co-owner Rosemary Liss, modern European-style bistro located in Station North

Le Comptoir du Vin offers a limited menu of prepared food + House Sourdough for pickup from Wednesday through Saturday 2PM-6PM along with pantry items, wine, cocktails and merchandise. You must order online and then schedule a time for pickup.  When you arrive, you text the number provided in your email confirmation with a description of your car and where you are parked.  Your goods are delivered to the back seat of your car.

Since I drive from Virginia, I plan for the earliest pickup time to mitigate traffic.  I place a large order.  Most food items and House Sourdough can be frozen for later enjoyment.  New pantry items are frequently added.  I just purchased the Ramp Salt made of locally foraged ramps and Trapani Sale di Gucciardo (Sicily).

This morning I reheated the French Lentils w/ Grilled Flatbread for breakfast.  My favorite lentil dish in all of DC!  Yesterday I enjoyed one of the Chicken Liver Paté + House Sourdough.  I still have 3 Chicken Liver Paté + House Sourdough and 2 Braised Beef Cheeks, Kimchi and Barley Stews in the freezer with one in refrigerator for tomorrow.  A new stew is offered each week on the menu.

I highly recommend following their Instagram stories for updates.  Prepared food + House Sourdough can sell out quickly, but keep checking daily as they are generally replenished each day.  For items sold out on a Saturday, you can check back on the next Tuesday or Wednesday.

2028489452__02copy.jpg.ed4624d970b0e5d29316d6be8eb5bd4c.jpg

• Like 3