Sushi Hana, Towson and Mount Washington

Being a Chinese-owned sushi restaurant, this place by no means adheres to tradition. I've sat at the bar and conversed with sushi chefs in Chinese a few times. Regardless, the sushi here is pretty good, and I can't resist the spider roll or the grossly caloric and inauthentic deep fried rolls with crab dip on top. It's probably one of the few decent places to go if you're near Towson Town Center.

I get the impression all the sushi places in towson are run by chinese people. same with most of the places in federal hill. i like the one in towson with the revolving sushi bar because of the novelty of it.

personally, i still prefer my sushi chef be japanese though.

I went to the Mount Washington location today. I haven't been to the one in Towson in years, and I wonder if I've just learned a lot more about what makes good sushi since then. The flavor of the fish was very good, but any other attention to detail was pretty awful. The pieces of sashimi were 2-3 biters, as were the rolls. The rice was overcooked and completely falling apart. Our soft shell crab roll was totally mushy. This place is good if you're looking for inexpensive, bulk sushi. When the $50 bill for 3 of us came, I thought... this was enough food for about four people, and this is how much we could have paid in DC for two and still had a mediocre experience. Man... Baltimore is cheap.

Before we discovered Kyodai (the rotating sushi bar in Towson), my husband and I ate at Sushi Hana in Mt Washington pretty regularly. We're fond of the inauthentic rolls full of myriad stuff, and Sushi Hana has some bizarre ones. My biggest complaint is that many of them are too large to eat gracefully. One roll (can't remember the name) is at least 3" in diameter and deserving of a knife and fork.

My other complaint is that when one orders green tea, one gets a tea bag and a cup of boiling water. Ugh.