Texas Toast

laniloa

This bread was dry. There was no hint of garlic, though it was most certainly toasted

Texas Toast refers to the size of the piece of white bread, most Texas Toast is better than what we had tonight.

In these parts, Texas Toast (caps) is a specific product name from Pepperidge Farm and Texas toast (not caps) refers to a large slice of bread that is served toasted, often but not always, with garlic. Texas toast (not caps) is what I see on menus here. Quality varies widely depending on whether it is freshly toasted or has sat around and gotten soggy. Size of bread also varies widely.

In these parts, Texas Toast (caps) is a specific product name from Pepperidge Farm and Texas toast (not caps) refers to a large slice of bread that is served toasted, often but not always, with garlic. Texas toast (not caps) is what I see on menus here. Quality varies widely depending on whether it is freshly toasted or has sat around and gotten soggy. Size of bread also varies widely.
I actually prefer New York Texas Toast http://www.marzetti.com/ourBrands/products.php?pid=8