Peking Eastern House, Gaithersburg - Closed.

Noticed no posting on this Chinese restaurant in Gaithersburg.

I just went there this weekend after not being there for about a year- food is good. The specialty has to be the large sesame seed pancake. You need to order it as soon as you get there, but it's delicious. It's like a scallion pancake meets foccacia bread with sesame seeds all over.

sesame pancake

I also love their pipa tofu- like nuggets of delicious tofu in a tasty sauce.

pic

They also have pretty good Lion's head pork meatballs, a great fried chive dumpling, celery with lily bulbs, and diced flounder with pinenuts.

617 S. Fredrick Ave.

Gaithersburg, MD

Tel: (301) 963-1426

I was there at their old location, on 355 just south of Shady Grove.

Their lamb potstickers were very good.

However, since they are Muslim Halal, there is no alcohol or pork in the kitchen. That's a dealbreaker for me most of the time, and explains why we only went there once in a blue moon, though we liked what we had on the few occasions we were there. Especially with all of the great Chinese food in Rockville/Gaithersburg, this one didn't stand out.

However, since they are Muslim Halal, there is no alcohol or pork in the kitchen. That's a dealbreaker for me most of the time, and explains why we only went there once in a blue moon, though we liked what we had on the few occasions we were there. Especially with all of the great Chinese food in Rockville/Gaithersburg, this one didn't stand out.

I don't think they're halal anymore as I had pork meatballs.