Lobster Pot

Demetrius

My wife's birthday is Wednesday, and am thinking of putting together a nice New England feast for dinner. I know that Tackle Box sells a lobster pot kit, but wanted to throw this out there and ask if anyone knew of other options to compare?

Thank you.

My wife's birthday is Wednesday, and am thinking of putting together a nice New England feast for dinner. I know that Tackle Box sells a lobster pot kit, but wanted to throw this out there and ask if anyone knew of other options to compare?

Thank you.

By Wednesday, I assume that you mean tomorrow, correct? If so, then a by mail purchase is not possible. Depending on your location you can DIY with a trip to Wegman's.

When I hear "lobster pot" I think "lobster trap." Maybe it's just too many summers in Maine, or that time on Outward Bound when our boat got snagged...

If so, not sure Wegman's will be able to help you (unless you steal a display).

How can Wegman's (at least the Fairfax location) not help? The certainly have all the ingredients that you need to make a New England feast for dinner. You could even buy a pot there if you did not have one.

Her birthday is July 3rd, but thought that yesterday was the first. In lieu of that, I called Wegmans and was told that they have plenty of 2 lb lobsters, and littleneck clams available. Combined with fresh white corn and red potatoes, I should be in good shape for putting everything together.

I am going to run by a hardware store tomorrow, and then visit the grocery store mid day Thursday to pick up the ingredients, etc...

Thanks everyone!

How can Wegman's (at least the Fairfax location) not help? The certainly have all the ingredients that you need to make a New England feast for dinner. You could even buy a pot there if you did not have one.
I don't think that he is saying that Wegman's doesn't have the ingredients; instead, he is saying that Wegman's doesn't sell lobster traps, which would be an odd thing to be searching for in this area.

I don't think that he is saying that Wegman's doesn't have the ingredients; instead, he is saying that Wegman's doesn't sell lobster traps, which would be an odd thing to be searching for in this area.

Guess I missed the joke...

No joke...

I initially posted the question because I was interested in purchasing a lobster pot 'kit' and after doing a search on Google, found that there are dozens of options available. I know that locally there is: Tackle Box, Legal Seafood, etc... but figure that purchasing the items individually from Wegmans creates move savings for items such as flowers, wine, etc...

Thank you.