Langer's, Family-Owned Delicatessen on South Alvarado Street at Macarthur Park in Westlake - Open since 1947

It would not crack my list of great corned beef sandwiches I have had: Katz's, Carnegie, Brents in Northridge, Art's in Studio City, Nate n Al's (Beverly Hills), Canter's (Fairfax), Junior's (West LA). Parkway doesn't even make my list of Great for DC sandwiches which is sadly lonely with the Deli City Reuben alone on the list.

Hey, home-boy! I've had Nate and Al's, Junior's, and of course Canter's--two blocks from my high school--many times. But isn't it interesting that neither of us has had CB from Langer's, which many believe is L.A.'s best? Too far east from that West L.A.-West Hollywood-West Valley world we lived in, no doubt.

Hey, home-boy! I've had Nate and Al's, Junior's, and of course Canter's--two blocks from my high school--many times. But isn't it interesting that neither of us has had CB from Langer's, which many believe is L.A.'s best? Too far east from that West L.A.-West Hollywood-West Valley world we lived in, no doubt.

Nah...Langer's was always close by when I was looking to score some heroin at MacArthur Park. tongue.gif

The above post is for Corned Beef only. Langer's corned beef is about as good as the corned beef at your local Chili's.

Langer's is famous for Pastrami and I find it dry and lacking to tell the truth, plus the rye is from hunger... thin and falls apart not in a Katz's-like way, but in a cheap crappy rye-like way. This pastrami is too lean and too civilized. For Pastrami, give me Katz's.