Chesapeake Wine Company, West Canton

I haven't been to this shop,but in Canton there is a place called Chesapeake Wine Company. They serve many wines by the glass off their shelves or for a $10 corkage fee you can choose an entire bottle. They serve small plates there. Antipasti,cheese, olives, pates,etc. They also have these little pizzas that are actually pretty good, chorizo is my favorite. If you are into smoking cigars those are available for purchase and consumption also.

They also do tastings every Tuesday at CWC. Usually $25 a person for 7-8 different wines, all based around a particular theme. There's also a discount that evening on any bottles tasted. It's a great deal, and the owner, Mitchell, is incredibly personable and knowledgeable.

I haven't eaten here, but I thought, overall, the selection was only slightly above average. I did like that they had a much better than average selection of 375ml bottles.

For my schlepp (I live in Laurel) I'd rather head to IronBridge in Columbia.

They also do tastings every Tuesday at CWC. Usually $25 a person for 7-8 different wines, all based around a particular theme. There's also a discount that evening on any bottles tasted. It's a great deal, and the owner, Mitchell, is incredibly personable and knowledgeable.

It looks like they still do these, I'm gonna have to indulge myself sometime.

I wandered in on Friday for the first time despite living walking distance. I found that the beer prices weren't great, but for the conveinence I certainly didn't care. But the wine selection and helpfulness from the staff was pretty clutch for a beginner like me. I wasn't purchasing any cheese or anything on this trip, but the two girls in line in front of me were and the staff was very helpful in getting them some that matched their wines.

They have a mixed case they sell for $100 that changes monthly that I might have to pick up one time to help expand my pallet. The naiveness in me will assume this is a good deal. The November case on the website:

white:

L'Auriere Muscadet '10 - Muscadet de Sevre et Maine, France

Line 39 Sauvignon Blanc '10 - Lake County, California

Paul D Gruner Veltliner '10 - Wagram, Austria

Arroyo de la Vega Verdejo '10 - Castilla y Leon, Spain

pink:

Poema Trepat Cava Brut Rose - Penedes, Spain

red:

Le Vin de l'Uncle Charles Cabernet/Merlot '10 - Pays d'Oc, France

Chateau Les Arromans Merlot/Franc '09 - Bordeaux, France

Clos Dalian Garnacha '08 - Montsant, Spain

Alta Corte Caladoc/Tinta Roriz '08 - Lisboa, Portugal