Whole Pig Roast

acgator

My friends and I researching companies that will do an on site whole pig roast for a buddy's birthday party in August. The only place I've been able to turn up is Rocklands at $5 a pound. Any suggestions for other companies that do this and how much we could expect to pay ??

My friends and I researching companies that will do an on site whole pig roast for a buddy's birthday party in August. The only place I've been able to turn up is Rocklands at $5 a pound. Any suggestions for other companies that do this and how much we could expect to pay ??

Old discussion on BBQ caterers here.

Also one on burger caterers which may have some overlap.

Thanks Scott,

Im in the process of design of a new space to call home...(or a couple two three). I am playing Mr. Mom with the twins but its way to much work for me to handle (they rule me).

So I will throw this out to all..............Pig Roasts I can do for the rest of this summer and fall. The cost will be determined. The basics will be pig sustainable local either a pure breed or cross (eco friendly or from my amish friends). Collard greens, cole slaw, potato salad, the two carolina bbq sauces, bentons bacon baked beans, cornbread and butter flake rolls, a seasonal crisp (i.e. wine berries ect.) . I will not be able to supply flatware, beverages. There will be a transportation and set up/break down fee.

This would be the basic menu which is what I serve if im having a bash at my house. Connisder 11/2 lbs of raw pig per person...minimum is 15 ppl. You can contact me via email chefrj@gmail.com. Remember the rarer the breed of sustainable pig the cost will be different.