CFC Campaign -- wiki notes, please

Lydia R

Please help the FEDs on this board pick out local charities. Including the charity's 5-digit CFC code would really, really help. :lol:

Here is a worthy charity we support, with relatively modest administrative costs so your money goes to the right places. They do some good work for many in need in Arlington.

Doorways for Women and Families. Doorways for Women and Children (formerly The Arlington Community Temporary Shelter), serves homeless, abused and at-risk families in Northern Virginia.

CFC # code: 60586.

Employer Identification Number: EIN #54-1087829.

Phone Number: (703)522-8858.

Website Address: www.doorwaysva.org.

Overhead: 12.2%.

Program Areas: L.

I'm happy to share with you the names of two charities with which I have worked over the past few years. I have seen firsthand the great work they do.

Doorways for Women and Families

CFC# 60586

Doorways for Women and Children (formerly The Arlington Community Temporary Shelter), serves homeless, abused and at-risk families in Northern Virginia

Jubilee Jobs

CFC # 67842

Jubilee Jobs' mission is to provide skilled compassionate job placement for sustenance, dignity and hope for very poor, unemployed but eager to work Washington residents.

If you'd like more information about either of these groups, please feel free to contact me.

By the way, there is a great event Wednesday, December 3 at the Arlington Crate and Barrel. Tickets start at $35. This event is a lot of fun, has terrific food, benefits a truly worthy cause (two emergency shelters serving area women, children and families impacted by homelessness and domestic violence) and is a great way to accomplish your holiday shopping.

Best of all, Doorways receives 10% of all Crate & Barrel sales that evening and 100% of ticket sales and donations. Last year over 700 people attended, and raised more than $30,000 for Doorways.

To purchase tickets, follow this link: https://doorways.ejoinme.org/MyPages/CrateB...95/Default.aspx. (You can select my name from the drop down list.)

Thanks.

Catharine

[Edited to say that it looks like dcs and I posted at the same time. Now you've got two votes for Doorways :lol:]