Fun Markets in the Downtown DC area

DanM

Wifey and I will be in DC next week for much needed R&R and will be staying at a hotel between Dupont and Logan Circles. I plan on packing picnic lunches and such while we are there. Are there any good local markets in that area? What about the rest of the downtown, mall, and capitol areas?

Thanks!!

Dan

Wifey and I will be in DC next week for much needed R&R and will be staying at a hotel between Dupont and Logan Circles. I plan on packing picnic lunches and such while we are there. Are there any good local markets in that area? What about the rest of the downtown, mall, and capitol areas?

Thanks!!

Dan

The Penn Quarter Farmers market is located in Downtown DC - 8th Street NW between D and E Streets NW - and it's a great little market! It runs from 3 pm to 7 pm in the afternoon.

Check out the farmers market forum - specifically the threads for the 14th and U Street (Sat) and Dupont Circle (Sun) markets. Penn Quarter is a very nice market, but is on Thursdays, so may not work for your weekend schedule. Eastern Market on Capitol Hill and the Saturday market at Courthouse in Arlington are both Metro accessible and might be worth a trip.