Thank You to goodeats

DonRocks

Who is doing just an amazing job with the calendar. I haven't done a thing other than to turn her loose with it, and it's incredible what she's doing.

Restaurants, Event Planners, Charity Functions, and yes, even PR Reps, please feel free to send goodeats a PM and have your event placed on the calendar. (You should take the initiative and come to her to make her job easier. Have something written up, please, so she doesn't have to do it herself.) If and when it gets too commercial, I'll institute guidelines, but for now, what goodeats is doing is really helping to vitalize this community, and giving a much-needed shot in the arm to restaurants as well.

Thank you, goodeats, for all the hard behind-the-scenes work you've been doing.

And also to monavano, who effortlessly handled all the calendar duties in the past. The beefed-up calendar is a very recent decision, and seemed perfect for goodeats, but before any of this happened, I consulted with monavano, and we both agreed she'd be perfect as curator of our new soon-to-be beefed-up blog digest. Now if she'd only come up with a nickname for herself ...

Blog Babe?

Web Weevil?

Other people are stepping in to help as well - leleboo is doing a masterful job organizing the picnic, for example. And there's more help on the way in other areas too, so stay tuned.

Also, if anyone has any ideas about what could be done to improve the website (don't worry about the ugly interface; I'm on top of that and a better-looking one is coming down the pike), and especially if they could pitch in to help implement them (hint, hint), please send me a PM.

Cheers, and thanks again to EVERYONE!

Rocks.

And also to monavano, who effortlessly handled all the calendar duties in the past. The beefed-up calendar is a very recent decision, and seemed perfect for goodeats, but before any of this happened, I consulted with monavano, and we both agreed she'd be perfect as curator of our new soon-to-be beefed-up blog digest. Now if she'd only come up with a nickname for herself...

I am STILL a big fan of "Daybook Diva" and have been racking my brain for similar nicknames, but none-to-be had so far, other than a lame "Dayblogger Diva." Maybe Curator Chica?

Thank you all for the positive comments and thanks to Don for letting me play with the site calendar! Please note the new events sent by Anna Blume of FRESHFARM Markets.

I always welcome feedback, comments or gibberish through PM.

Thank you all for the positive comments and thanks to Don for letting me play with the site calendar!

PACE YOURSELF! Mt. Vesuvius is erupting, and we need a more-manageable volcano to continue to erupt beyond October, 2009 AD ...

less, longer ... thank you, goodeats!

There have been numerous wonderful people doing some very important behind-the-scenes work here lately - this is work you might not readily notice, but it's the difference between having a groomed ski slope and one that isn't. These Zamboni drivers (yeah, I know, I just changed sports on you) will all get their due.

But one thing you can easily see is the hard work goodeats has put into the calendar, and I just wanted to give her a quick (what's the term these days - shout-out? hat-tip?) expression of thanks.

P.S. I know that most people here are probably using the default "CleanCut" skin, but if you want to see the calendar in a more linear format, you can quickly switch to the "Classic Blue" skin (the toggle-switch is down at the bottom left of this page), and then switch right back when you're done.

PACE YOURSELF!

Looks like Don is a psychic - sorry at the dismal calendar all - personal life/$*it has hit the fan and I feel like the drudges of cork that floated to the bottom of wine bottles.

Hopefully July will bring better tidings and perk the board up. In the meantime, please help me motivate myself by PM'ing anything you want to see on the calendar.

Thanks!

Looks like Don is a psychic - sorry at the dismal calendar all - personal life/$*it has hit the fan and I feel like the drudges of cork that floated to the bottom of wine bottles.

Hopefully July will bring better tidings and perk the board up. In the meantime, please help me motivate myself by PM'ing anything you want to see on the calendar.

Thanks!

We don't give group hugs here.

We throw tomatoes.

<hurls tomato at Mary>

Get to work!

B)

{{{{{{Mary!}}}}}}