Minto, Cafe and Deli in Annandale

Minto is the first restaurant you'll come to on your right when you take Little River Turnpike from the beltway towards Annandale. It may be Korean-owned (they have bingsu), but virtually everything else on the menu looks like it comes from Mike's Deli at Lazy Sundae. It's essentially one flat-top grill.

Minto is a large space, with a lounge area (with free Wi-Fi) near the entrance, a tiny karaoke section with piano, and even a little electronics store (!) off to the side. An Egg, Cheese and Steak Sandwich ($4.29) was just as it should be with a competent grill cook behind the sandwich.

There really isn't much on this strip in the lines of traditional American office-building deli fare - I stopped into Le Matin de Paris, and all their sandwiches were pre-made and sitting in a cooler. If it's a turkey and bacon panini you're craving while working on your laptop, then Minto is the place for you. Service is courteous and pleasant.

Cheers,

Rocks.

ETA - Now that I've scrolled down to the bottom of that menu, I notice more extensive offerings than what I saw today - there must be a range behind the cashier area. P.S. Free delivery with $20 minimum ... who's going to roll the dice on that Gorgonzola Pizza?

Edited by DonRocks