Addie's Oyster Roast, Sun., Nov. 14 - DR Discount!

chefn8

Addie's Restaurant is having an oyster roast to support juvenile diabetes benefiting the Diabetes Care Complex at Children's National Medical Center

Sunday, November 14 · 12:00pm - 5:00pm

11120 Rockville Pike

Rockville, MD

The Chefs at Addie’s will be preparing oysters four ways-roasted, fried, shucked, and barbequed, as well as BBQ chicken, chili, roast suckling pig, hot dogs and other seasonal food. Activities will include: an oyster eating competition, face painting for kids, a Moon Bounce and a raffle. Live music, beer and wine will be available. Rain or Shine.

Tickets: $50 in Advance, $60 at the door. Kids under 12 $20, under 5 Free

**Edited to add**

Blacks Restaurant Group is offering a Promo Code to DR.com members for $5 off the ticket price. The promo codes are only valid until 10/20---so get your tickets before then! For the Pig Out the promo code is DRPIG and for the Oyster Roast it is DROYSTER.

Black Restaurant Group has set a goal to raise $200,000 to build a new state of the art kitchen that is part of a $5 million expansion at Children’s National Medical Center to support children with diabetes.

To achieve this goal Black Restaurant Group has announced a fundraising initiative at all four of their popular neighborhood restaurants, Black Market Bistro, BlackSalt, Black’s Bar & Kitchen, and Addie’s. A series of special fundraising events has been planned as well as other promotions such as happy hour offerings, drink and wine specials and featured menu items. In addition, all Black Restaurant Group restaurants will be donating 100% of the proceeds from their signature mussel dish, Addie’s Mussels to the cause.

For more information on Addie's Oyster Roast please see our website www.addiesrestaurant.com

-Chef Nate

I love the goal the Black Restaurant Group has set. The rise in Type II diabetes among children is nothing short of shocking, and completely distressing. Children's National Medical Center is a great place to host a state of the art kitchen where children and family can learn healthy eating habits. I hope you reach out to companies and organizations so that they can both support your project and spread the concept to hospitals in other areas. Is there a place (i.e., email list) where people can sign up to receive updates on the projects or learn about events to support the goal?

I love the goal the Black Restaurant Group has set. The rise in Type II diabetes among children is nothing short of shocking, and completely distressing. Children's National Medical Center is a great place to host a state of the art kitchen where children and family can learn healthy eating habits. I hope you reach out to companies and organizations so that they can both support your project and spread the concept to hospitals in other areas. Is there a place (i.e., email list) where people can sign up to receive updates on the projects or learn about events to support the goal?

Thank you for participating in such an important cause, for all types of Diabetes. For those who do not know, November is Diabetes awareness month, and specifically November 14th is designated as World Diabetes Day (click here for wiki info) Just google "world diabetes day" and you can find lots of links to the many sources out there working toward the same goal.

(The rise of T2 diabetes is definitely something to be alarmed about and addressed. But the term "Juvenile Diabetes" is a term from the "olden" days, referring to Type 1 diabetes. Type 1 used to be called Juvenile-onset, or just Juvenile Diabetes, since it was not known to occur in adults. Since that profile has changed, the term was also changed. Type 1 has been found to occur in individuals of any and all ages. But all forms of Diabetes are destructive and invasive and a part of the World Diabetes Day )

Here is the link to learn more + purchase tickets to the different events Black Restaurant Group is hosting in October/November to benefit the Children's National Medical Center.

http://blackrestaurantgroup.com/events.html

Each one of these events is going to be a blast!

The Pig Out is on October 24th and contestants include:

• Dan Gusti (1789)
  • Wes Morton (Againn)
  • Quanta Robinson (Black’s Bar & Kitchen)
  • Rick Cook (BlackSalt)
  • Andre Cavallaro
  • Alex Vallcoreba
  • Brian Patterson (L’Academie)
  • Garrett Park Team
  • Missy Carr

I am also really excited for the Oyster Roast. Oysters will be roasted, bbq'd, shucked, and fried! A wonderful way to spend a fall afternoon.

**Edited to add**

Blacks Restaurant Group is offering a Promo Code to DR.com members for $5 off the ticket price. The promo codes are only valid until 10/20---so get your tickets before then! For the Pig Out the promo code is DRPIG and for the Oyster Roast it is DROYSTER.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Jill Tyler

Volta Live

Just a reminder that Addie's Oyster Roast to benefit Juvenile Diabetes is this Sunday, November 14th.

Tickets are still available in advance on line or the day of at the door.

Ticket price includes all food and beverages:

Oysters: fried, roasted, BBQ, and on the half shell

BBQ chicken

Chili dogs

Whole smoked pig

Caramel apples

Cotton Candy

Lots of sides featuring seasonal local ingredients

Select beer, wine, & non-alcoholic beverages

Live music and raffles with incredible prizes throughout the day.

Looks like it will be nice weather to come out, support a worthwhile cause and enjoy great food, drinks, and entertainment.

We hope to see you there.

Chef Nate