Steak or Burger Joint

vsky

Help! Need suggestion for an almost 21 y.o. birthday dinner. She's a lovely lovely employee, who is also finishing ROTC training, so can finally eat what she wants. I asked what food she likes and she said steak and burgers "we're thinking Gordon Biersch." So I want to suggest something in that price range - $18-27 steaks and $7-13 apps. Maybe near Adams Morgan? Thought of JPauls and Matchbox of the top of head so other suggestions would be very very welcome.

Help! Need suggestion for an almost 21 y.o. birthday dinner. She's a lovely lovely employee, who is also finishing ROTC training, so can finally eat what she wants. I asked what food she likes and she said steak and burgers "we're thinking Gordon Biersch." So I want to suggest something in that price range - $18-27 steaks and $7-13 apps. Maybe near Adams Morgan? Thought of JPauls and Matchbox of the top of head so other suggestions would be very very welcome.

Bourbon would fit the bill - but the under 21 is probably an issue.

Bourbon would fit the bill - but the under 21 is probably an issue.

Wondering about Poste or Zola right in the same neighborhood? I think each does a burger and I have to think it would be better than Biersch's.....I'd almost just do Old Ebbitt before Biersch and their burger is terrific and in your range, I think. Up 14th maybe St. Ex, which also has a great burger.