Rowan's Creek Bourbon--Where to find (in Maryland if possible)

Toogs

Rowan's Creek is distributed in Maryland by Bacchus Distributors.

It's distributed in DC by...Ledroit Brands! (full disclosure blah blah blah)

We've been in and out of stock of it recently, but Ace/One West Dupont/Schneiders/McArthurs/etc may have some now or soon.

I just tried this stuff last night at Pure Wine in Ellicott City. Anyone seen it in the burbs closer to DC?

I've been meaning to try this place, maybe I'll use this as a suggestion if/when I wander over.

(Digression: I must say that my list of places to try in the area is growing at a rapid pace and I'm pretty pleased that Howard County is getting a little bit more soul when it comes to food/drink. Right as I potentially prepare to move out of the area too)

Rowan's Creek is distributed in Maryland by Bacchus Distributors.

It's distributed in DC by...Ledroit Brands! (full disclosure blah blah blah)

We've been in and out of stock of it recently, but Ace/One West Dupont/Schneiders/McArthurs/etc may have some now or soon.

Thanks. Would you recommend any others from that distillery? I thought the Rowan's Creek was really hot, but the deep flavor came through it well.

Thanks. Would you recommend any others from that distillery? I thought the Rowan's Creek was really hot, but the deep flavor came through it well.

Full disclosure blah blah blah

If you like the strong whack of rye spice, I suggest the Johnny Drum bottling in the tan-yellow labeled squat bottle.

If you like a slighly richer dram, I suggest the Old Bardstown "Estate" in the same squat bottle.

If you want a super-whack in the keister, much along Rowan's Creek lines, I suggest Noah's Mill.

If you want something more intricate and honey-comby, the Willett "Pot Still Bottle" (this bottling is for barrels that KBD selects, versus the Willett "coat of arms" bottlings that represent bottlings we select).

If you want a super-whack in the keister, much along Rowan's Creek lines, I suggest Noah's Mill.

Sorry it took me a while to stumble onto this thread.

Rowan's Creek is made by Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, a secretive sort of company. It is, AFAIK and certainly IMO, their #2. Their #1 is Noah's Mill. NM is by far my favorite bourbon, and I've had lots of Rowans' Creek, Elijah Craig 18 yo, Pappy Van Winkle, Willetts in the pot still bottle, and many others. I'm fortunate in that I often have the need to drive through Kentucky, so have had the opportunity to pick these things up and bring them home.

Bottom line; my advice is, if you can find Noah's Mill, which ain't easy, grab it. You will wonder why you've been wasting your time drinking Makers Mark.

It generally sells in Ky for about $50-60.

In fact, I think I'm going to have a spot of it right now.

Sorry it took me a while to stumble onto this thread.

Rowan's Creek is made by Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, a secretive sort of company. It is, AFAIK and certainly IMO, their #2. Their #1 is Noah's Mill. NM is by far my favorite bourbon, and I've had lots of Rowans' Creek, Elijah Craig 18 yo, Pappy Van Winkle, Willetts in the pot still bottle, and many others. I'm fortunate in that I often have the need to drive through Kentucky, so have had the opportunity to pick these things up and bring them home.

Bottom line; my advice is, if you can find Noah's Mill, which ain't easy, grab it. You will wonder why you've been wasting your time drinking Makers Mark.

It generally sells in Ky for about $50-60.

In fact, I think I'm going to have a spot of it right now.

Well, KBD's not really "secretive"; heck, they do have a website: Kentucky Bourbon Distillers, LTD

We sell Noah's Mill for $55.99 B)

We sell Noah's Mill for $55.99 B)

Showing once again how lucky DC area residents are to have DC's approach to alcoholic beverages and the pricing thereof. I remember, back in the day, how California wines could generally be had in DC for less than or at least competitively with California. But let's not get into how far back "the day" was.

Maybe I should have said "publicity shy." I notice on the website that they claim, after the renovations, they will be offering tours. This would be a big step up. No matter though--the whiskey is superb.