Florida's Grapefruit League - 14 Cities under the March Sun

Lydia R

I'll report back in the appropriate Intrepid Traveler topics.

Heading to Florida and watching Major Baseball League Spring Training is increasingly appealing.

The "Training Triange" is defined by:

* Viera Beach [Nationals] on the Atlantic Space Coast,

* Tampa, Sarasota [Orioles] and

* Ft Myers on the Gulf-side.

Definitely looking for Sunday Brunch on the Space Coast and then non-breakfast meals on the Gulf-Side. We'll probably drive back and forth across Florida on the I-4 and either Rt 520 or 528 corridor.

Early finds:

* Grimaldi's [from under the Brooklyn Bridge] opened a coal oven pizzeria in Ft Myer

* Bern's steakhouse in Tampa has a more casual outpost named "SideBern's"

* Seasons 52 in Tampa is appealing both because of the "good for me" food & the Kensington site is opening soon

More, please.

I'll report back in the appropriate Intrepid Traveler topics.

Heading to Florida and watching Major Baseball League Spring Training is increasingly appealing.

The "Training Triange" is defined by:

* Viera Beach [Nationals] on the Atlantic Space Coast,

* Tampa, Sarasota [Orioles] and

* Ft Myers on the Gulf-side.

Definitely looking for Sunday Brunch on the Space Coast and then non-breakfast meals on the Gulf-Side. We'll probably drive back and forth across Florida on the I-4 and either Rt 520 or 528 corridor.

Early finds:

* Grimaldi's [from under the Brooklyn Bridge] opened a coal oven pizzeria in Ft Myer

* Bern's steakhouse in Tampa has a more casual outpost named "SideBern's"

* Seasons 52 in Tampa is appealing both because of the "good for me" food & the Kensington site is opening soon

More, please.

I cannot vouch for the food, as I haven't eaten there in years, but the Cocoa beach pier will deliver when it comes to atmosphere (open air, on a pier, beach/ocean below). Appears they have a Sunday brunch too. Tried alligator there for the first time, tasted like chicken. I've also attended several Brevard County Manatees games (again a long time ago) at Space Coast Stadium...did not know until this post that's the Nationals spring training facility.